Thursday 30 April 2020

2: 1973


The next three posts...



I've decided to try and post chronologically the few photos I have, so before I post another one of father Roy, we ought to have this one. Probably 1973, my first regular pairing, with Pete Whitaker. HCMS (Higherford Caravan and Motor Supplies) was run by Walter Bateson and the late Brian Tyldesley, driver of a MkI Cortina on my first-ever rally, the 1971 Tour of Mull. I was wishing I still had as much hair, but if this lockdown carries on much longer I might have!

---------------------



Another one, which has appeared somewhere quite recently, this time on the 73 Bullough Trophy, with father Roy at the wheel on the switchbacks between Ingleton and Chapel-le-Dale before they were considerably flattened-out. Dad did have a remarkable chin, shown here in full extension!

--------------------



Amazingly, and disappointingly, I only have three more photos of that blue Mexico. I think this is the '74 RL Brown, and I've no idea how we finished. A problem I always had is the back-to-front nature of life. In those days I had no money but boy! could I have done with some (so I didn't 'waste' funds buying photos). Over 40 years on, money wouldn't be such a problem but the talent's gone. Such is life. Good to see dad Roy still wearing a tie...

No comments:

Post a Comment